Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science.
Brno center of (formerly FEI Company) designs and manufactures high-end imaging and analytics tools involved in scientific discoveries, material research and development of future electronics.
Every day brings challenging, but meaningful and interesting work, often at the very limit of human knowledge.
Our electron microscopes are highly complex machines and need proper system tuning in order to see individual atoms. This is achieved via software procedures using computer vision techniques and data analysis.
- Develop and automate software procedures necessary for successful operation of electron microscopes
- Design algorithms that cope with specific electron microscope images. Use image processing and pattern recognition, data analysis, mathematical models and many other advanced techniques
- Contribute to the internal computer vision & image processing library
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques
- Understand the basics of the internal electron and ion optics structure
- Create solutions from initial concept and prototyping to final testing
- Improve current algorithms, investigate and fix bugs, bring innovative ideas into the final product
- Test directly on the hardware getting immediate and direct feedback
- Typically requires MSc degree in a technical discipline (PhD in relevant field is an advantage)
- Image processing experience – must demonstrate clear ability to understand computer vision principles
- Programming skills – preferably C#
- Communication skills
- English > B2
- Eligible for a passport and able to travel
Further preference given for hands on experience with one or more of the following areas:
- Data mining
- Machine learning
- Experience with related tooling – OpenCV, MATLAB
- Opportunity to become a part of successful international company specialized in HI TECH
- Possibility to grow in personal skills and professional language
- Training and development support
- Modern work environment
- Flexibility in terms of working hours