Looking for an exciting new project, where your experience and skills in power electronics will have a direct impact on the development of new innovative electrical and electromagnetic products in the Energy Industry?We are Faraday Grid
Faraday Grid is a purpose driven company, focused on significantly impacting the Energy Trilemma by facilitating a transition to affordable, reliable and clean energy.
We’re a startup organisation with strong investor backing and global partnerships, that has grown to a team of almost 100 people across four European locations; Edinburgh (Head Quarters) and London in the UK, and Prague and Pardubice in the Czech Republic.
Our exceptionally talented team is made up of a diverse group of brilliant minds from the fields of engineering, physics, mathematics and software development. We challenge and solve real world problems, developing some of the most sophisticated technical solutions in the energy market.Project Overview
The project will be developing technology to enable significant energy savings and change the way energy is traded. The technology we develop replaces traditional transformers and can solve network issues including voltage and power control. Combined with our patented software platform, the technology can enable a self-balancing, decentralised system which can maximise the inclusion of distributed and variable energy resources, helping to solve the challenges posed by de-carbonisation and the need to supply affordable and reliable energy.
Reporting to the VP Engineering UK, you will work on all project stages from research and development to design and manufacture support, through to installation and final commissioning. The goal is to design and fabricate unique products to significantly improve the stability and functionality of power distribution networks.Why Should You Join Us?
- You’ll join a small international and multicultural team of 7 in which every single team member has a direct and high impact on our projects.
- You will take ownership of research & development, exploring new ways to design and deliver our state-of-the-art products.
- You will make an impact by managing projects and delivering our products as per client requirements both on time and budget.
- You’ll collaborate with our Engineering department team to prepare designs and technical documentation as part of overall Faraday Grid systems.
- You’re a highly experienced Electrical Power Engineer with expertise in power electronics systems design, principles and studies / calcs, and you enjoy identifying all associated technical requirements and risks
- You have a proven track record in design and engineering of power electronics HW and SW design and programing and you’re highly skilled in the testing and implementation of different functionalities for power electric utilities applications
- You have expert working knowledge of detailed power electronics circuitry (HW) design and calculations, power electronics IGBT / IGCT systems design, application SW design for DSP / MCU controllers
- You’re an experienced engineer in different methods to control power electronics converters, VSC voltage source converters and its MMC configurations
- You’re experienced in SW design in MATLAB / Simulink, C++ language as well as any Assembler
- You have strong knowledge of AC/DC, AC/AC, DC/AC, DC/DC conversion and its details
- You’re proficient in the use of CAD technology (EPlan, AutoCAD Electrical etc)
- You’re familiar with BS, IEC, IEEE technical standards and have a good level of electrical safety knowledge and training
- You have experience with SMPS switching mode power supply systems and configuration and electric power / energy quality management
- You hold a qualification in ICT/SW engineering (or equivalent) – as an MSc/ PhD graduate of a Technology university
- You’re passionate and curious about power electric systems and components and keep yourself up to date with the newest trends and technologies
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer:
- Multicultural environment
- Personal development opportunities (training, internal mobility…)
- Ability to contribute to the greater good by helping decrease electricity cost
- A safe environment without micro-management
- 25 days holiday and some extra “bridge days”
- Meal Vouchers
- Free phone line
- Flexible working hours
- Retirement plan contributions so you can save for the future
This is an opportunity in which you will genuinely see the results of your efforts, apply now!